OFFICIAL RULES - FRIENDS DAY BOUQUET CONTEST
Standard data rates apply to participants who choose to participate in the Contest via a mobile device. Please contact your service provider for pricing and service plan information and rates before mobile device participation.
Sponsored By: Phoenix Coffee Company Inc. (“Sponsor”) [84 Lathbury Street] [Brampton] [Ontario] [L7A 0R8] [Canada].
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY & TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS: This Contest is open only to those who participate through the Instagram post and who are [18 years of age or older] as of the date of entry. The Contest is only open to legal residents of [Canada], except in the province of Quebec (we’re so sorry), and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. AGREEMENT TO RULES: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
3. CONTEST PERIOD: Entries will be accepted online starting on [Wednesday February 2, 2022 at 08:00am, EST] and ending [Sunday February 6, 2022 at 11:59pm, EST]. All online entries must be received by [Sunday February 6, 2022 at 11:59pm, EST].
4. HOW TO ENTER: The Contest must be entered through Instagram. The entry must fulfill all Contest Requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
5. PRIZE: The Winner of the Contest (the “Winner”) will receive [a Friends Day Bouquet valued at $75.00CAD]. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. THERE IS ONLY 1 PRIZE ALLOCATED. The Winner will be required to sign a limited liability release and is also required to correctly answer a skill testing question.
The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Sponsor. All prizes are awarded “as-is” with no guarantee, either express or implied. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Sponsor discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, provincial, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. ODDS: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Winner will be selected by [a random drawing] under the supervision of Sponsor. Winner will be notified by [Instagram Direct Message] within (3) days following selection of Winner and shall be required to correctly answer an unaided, time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question. Sponsor shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within [2 days] from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT SPONSOR‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. RIGHTS GRANTED BY YOU: By entering this contest, You understand and agree that the Sponsor, anyone acting on behalf of the Sponsor, and the Sponsor’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. Without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. TERMS & CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. DISPUTES: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF [Canada] AND [Ontario]. WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINE. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in [Ontario] having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased
13. WINNERS LIST: To obtain a copy of the Winner's name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Phoenix Coffee Company Inc. (“Sponsor”) [84 Lathbury Street] [Brampton] [Ontario] [L7A 0R8] [Canada]. Requests must be received no later than [Monday February 28, 2022, 11:59am, EST].
14. INSTAGRAM: The Contest hosted by Sponsor is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram and/or any social media platforms on which the Contest may have been promoted and/or publicized. You acknowledge that Instagram bears no responsibility for this promotion and that Instagram bears no liability whatsoever with this promotion. By entering this contest, you agree to a complete release of Instagram from any or all liability in connection with this contest. You understand that you are providing information to the Sponsor and not to Instagram. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Sponsor.
15. You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.